Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to everyone who stopped in to say welcome.
Recently there have been numerous reports of dogs developing kidney disorders after consuming treats manufactured in China. We have seen one case in our hospital. No causative organisms or chemicals have been identified. There have been multiple brands of treats implicated with these cases. Since little is known about the extent or direct cause of this problem, we are advising to avoid all treats made in China until there is more information available.
Trifexis Flea and Heartworm Prevention
The combination you have been waiting for. Trifexis is a monthly, chewable tablet for dogs approved by the FDA that combines two proven and trusted active ingredients (spinosad and milbemycin oxime).
Spinosad, the key active ingredient in Comfortis, has proven to be one of the most effective flea treatments on the market. Spinosad begins killing adult fleas in as soon as 30 minutes and will kill 100% of adult fleas in 4 hours. The rapid action of this product ensures true flea control - fleas that are dead can't lay their eggs, which means the offspring can't infest your home.
Milbemycin Oxime is most commonly known for its use in Interceptor, a product with an outstanding reputation for providing millions of dogs with one of the highest quality heartworm and intestinal parasite protrection. Using Milbemcin Oxime, Trifexis can provide your dog with monthly protection from not only heartworm disease, but also roundworms, hookworms and whipworms.
Benefits of Trifexis:
- Kills fleas and prevents infestations
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Treats and controls intestinal parasite infections (hookworm, roundworm, whipworm)
- One easy-to-administer chewable tablet once a month. No messy topicals
- Convenience of combining flea control and heartworm preventative
- Is truly 100% water-proof.
Trifexis is an ideal choice for:
- Families with children or other pets, since there is no transfer of product through contact
- Anyone worried about staining carpeting, clothing or furniture
- Dogs that swim or are bathed frequently
- Dogs with dermatological (skin) conditions requiring topical therapy
Trifexis is now available at Singleton Veterinary Hospital. Proof of a recent heartworm test is required as this is a prescription product. Call for more information.